financial, accounting and business advice
in commercial, legal and regulatory
dispute and compliance matters.
Financial Investigations & Forensic Accounting: corporate, litigation, white-collar fraud, compliance, 10A, special matters
Corporate Compliance: internal investigations, processes, reporting, governance
Dispute Advisory: financial & accounting analysis, expert reports, litigation support
FIDELITY NATIONAL FINANCIAL INC. Corporate Compliance
Director of Internal Investigations (6/07-current)
Internal Investigations / Fraud: Manage investigations into escrow defalcation and title / mortgage fraud
schemes: allegation assessment, response planning, forensic accounting, transactional analysis,
/litigation support, law enforcement interaction. Prepare dashboard & detailed reporting to Management.
Corporate Compliance: corporate issue assessment, fact-finding, investigation & remediation
Fraud Prevention: development of internal anti-fraud programs and risk-mitigation strategies
Governance: assist Chief Compliance Officer with Code of Conduct development, ethics Hotline
ERNST & YOUNG, LLP
Manager, Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services (12/99-6/07) project details
- Provide financial and business advice in commercial, legal and regulatory disputes.
- Skilled in rapid response, case assessment and resolution in a teaming environment.
- Manage teams and engagements in the field (client interaction, workplan, economics, culture).
- Manage large corporate financial investigations (financial statement, fraud, special matters).
- Develop initial engagement assessment, definition of scope, workplan, client expectations.
- Perform and manage detailed investigation steps, including analysis of operational results,
balance sheet scrub, G/L & sub-ledger account analysis, journal entry tracing,
analysis of supporting documentation, preparation of workpapers supporting findings.
- Conduct interviews of relevant persons, from operational employees to senior management.
- Perform walk-throughs & interview client personnel to document company processes.
- Research accounting literature, analyze appropriateness of company accounting treatment.
- Manage computer forensic procedures (assessment of ESI, forensic data preservation,
review & production of email & documents, accounting system extracts)
- Present findings/report to Board of Directors,management,counsel,regulators,auditors,others.
Financial Analysis / Damage Assessment
- Model complex financial transactions and prepare damage quantification & expert report.
- Understand and rebut complex financial damage claims in litigation.
- Valuation analysis of businesses (DCF modeling, forecasted cash flow, key business variables,
industry research, WACC/discount rate generation, trend and cap/perpetual analysis).
- Execute agreed-upon procedures or consulting roles in assessments of contractual compliance.
- Analyze partnership capital interests, IP damages, int'l equipment leases, other transactions.
- Perform traditional due diligence on working capital statements; M&A arbitration support.
- Analyze financial statements of target entity for financial position, leverage, P&L, issues.
LAMAILE AMROP INTERNATIONAL INC. (local)
Financial Accounting Associate (5/98-9/98)
- Integrated financial and tax information for internal analysis.
- Prepared Federal and State tax returns for parent and subsidiary.
- Provided tax support for a State and Local Tax restructuring project.
WATSON, FOLDS, STEADHAM,TOVKACH & MARSTON, P.A. (Legal)
Corporate / Tax / Estate Legal Clerk (12/95-7/97)
- Prepared corporate organizational materials (incorporations, minutes, special filings).
- Drafted legal transactionals (sale of business, contracts, estate planning).
- Researched corporate and individual tax issues and compiled returns.
ROTHSTEIN & ASSOCIATES P.A. (Legal)
Legal Intern (4/95-8/95)
- Analyzed financial information for litigation support / settlement negotiations.
- Managed database of clients and case status for class action litigation.
(College of Law)
Treasurer / Business Executive (Spring - Fall 1998)
Senior Editor (Spring - Fall 1997)
- Controlled revenue and payables for $350,000 annual budget.
- Managed and paid 3 full-time employees and all business expenses.
- Administered all federal and state payroll and property taxes.
Finance Committee Chairman (1993-1994)
- Instituted program to pursue uncollectible receivables and legal/disciplinary actions.
- Led Finance Committee in all organizational and financial decisions.
- Student Senator (May - August 1994)
- Florida Blue Key
Assistant Director - Technical Division (5/92-12/92)
Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Honorary / Service Organization (1994-1995)
University of Florida Honors Program (1991-1995)
Florida Academic Scholar (1991-1995)
National Merit Scholar